Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Apple" Sugar Cookies and "Chicken Enchilada Casserole"

 Day 2, September 7th:

   Well, let's just say sometimes I get a little frustrated when things don't come out right... and they didn't this afternoon. I came across this innovative recipe to make sugar cookies that resemble slices of apples. Simple enough, right? Wrong. The website I got the recipe from is wonderful. She has great ideas and includes pictures of all of her products. Mine, however, ended up nothing like the picture...boo! I made the dreaded mistake of placing the cookies too close together on the baking sheet.  Then again, E reminded me that even bad things can turn into good things (as she enjoyed a bite of a "mess-up").  They taste wonderful, as they should- it was a pre-made sugar cookie mix! I sent the same picture from below to my Mom and she said how cute they were...we can always count on our Mamas. :) Enjoy anyways and better baking next time!


This evening K worked on the enchiladas while I drank wine and observed... I have kitchen duty tomorrow.  This is what pre-cooking looks like:


The enchiladas consist of chicken from a can.  I wasn't sure how I felt about that at first, but it ended up tasting...well, like chicken.    The dish turned out better than expected, with a few added ingredients--sour cream and jalapenos.  Also, we used non-mexican frozen veggies (carrots, zucchini, etc) so next time I would use a corn concoction.  The recipe calls for the dinner to be layered, and I have to say that the layers of tortillas were so good; they were crispy and tasted like chips.  Overall, for being a healthy dish it was pretty yummy.  Cook on Hungry Girl.   

Straight from the oven...
Added ingredients ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment